Traxee

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's getting easier

Last night we ventured to the track at about 8:30. I had convinced my youngest daughter to try running - well, I actually bribed her. She is really proud when she runs one lap, which is 1/4 mile. She says she can't run. Addison is 12 years old, and could run if she chose to. I told her that if I can begin running at my age, and her step-dad, who is 58, can run with an artificial knee, she should be able to at least make an attempt. The second weekend in August our town hosts a 2-mile run. My husband and I both plan to run, so I told my daughter if she would enter the 2-mile, and try to run as much of it as she can, I would give her $100. The child likes money, and she is saving to buy a laptop, so I figure it is worth it to get her more active.

She and her friend met us at the track last night. They ran two laps and walked three. They also did a couple sprints, so at least they made some effort. I ran three miles, and it didn't really hurt. I actually felt pretty good the whole time, other than my stomach was a little upset. That was God's way of letting me know that I shouldn't have caved in and ordered a quarter pounder at McD's earlier that evening! Another lesson learned...

This morning I met my oldest daughter and played tennis. What a great workout! I am starting to feel more comfortable with my game, although I still hit some atrocious shots! I really enjoy playing, and it is nice to have some time with my daughter. I feel like I know more about what's going on in her life through our 'tennis' conversations.

Well, my dirty house awaits. I am hoping to get it cleaned quickly so we can go to the pool for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment