Traxee

Friday, June 5, 2009

...But I did it last night!

Last night I was determined, the weather was great, and I ran 3 miles - well, it was actually about 2.95 miles, so I will have to work on my route a bit. I felt great afterward. It is hard to believe that just 2 months ago I was so excited to be able to run a mile, and now I have made it 3! I hope that I can keep it up. My husband also ran, but we don't run together. My daughter rode her bike along with me, which made it go much quicker. There is a 5K run on June 27 that I am considering entering, but deep down I am really a chicken. I know that the most important goal would be to finish the race, but I really don't want to come in last place in my division. I do have a little competitiveness in me.

This morning Morgan and I met to play tennis. I actually played better than I did last week. I had a few decent shots, but my serves are horrible. I am constantly telling Bethany to get her toss up so that she doesn't hit it into the net, but I had many low tosses. There were also times that I truly thought I could get to the ball, but was a few inches short of making it. I am going to keep it up - it is much easier to hit a big yellow ball with a racquet than a little white ball with a club!

This evening we plan to bike. I plan to go 10 miles, but I don't know if that's what my husband plans. It should be a beautiful evening, so I think that we can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment