Traxee

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Co-Signed a Loan!

When I got out of bed this morning, I expected to spend my day working on homework for my master's classes, and possibly hang out at the pool if it didn't rain. So, I dressed, pulled my hair back, grabbed a Diet Mt. Dew, and sat at the computer ready to log-on to the Ball State site. As I began to view a webcast about reading comprehension, my youngest came flying out of her room and into mine. "Did you forget something?" she asked. Clearly, I had. She wanted to go to school and take a test over her first summer reading book. We still had an hour, so I paused the computer, and we took off for town.

As my luck would have it, when we arrived, the teacher wasn't there; no one had seen her. I knew that it was very possible that we had misread the form that we thought said tests could be taken on Wednesdays throughout the summer from 9-11 in the morning. I needed to run to the store, so we did that, and went back home. I quickly found the reading information, and I had not misread. There was no start date listed. Long (boring) story short...the teacher told the kids that it would begin on June 10; Addison didn't hear her.

So, at this point it was still morning, and I still had time for homework. Morgan had other plans. She wanted me to take her car shopping. She was driving a 1995 Explorer that was on its last leg - well, wheel. She did need a dependable vehicle, so off we went. She ended up choosing a 2008 Ford Fusion. It is really a nice car, and should last her several years if she cares for it properly. I am happy that she found something, but really nervous about co-signing. I paid for her first vehicle, so I didn't have to worry about payments being made on time. Now she is responsible, and that worries me. However, if I hadn't co-signed, she would not have been able to get anything. I truly hope that she learns to be responsible, and to take care of her car. Have you ever followed your child while he or she is driving? If you haven't - don't! I followed Morgan home from the dealership, and it made me crazy. She isn't a bad driver, and if it hadn't been my daughter, I wouldn't even have noticed her. I think she tailgates; she thinks she is fine. I worried she was talking on her phone - even though I was the one who called her to tell her to quit tailgating!!

Exercise...Last night I ran 2 1/2 miles. It actually felt pretty good. I don't start feeling confident until after 1 1/2 miles. It is just such an effort! My husband ran 2 miles for the first time, so we were both proud of our accomplishments. I plan to go to town this evening and run again, though I would love to plop on the couch and watch pointless television! Sometimes it is so hard to get going. It does look like rain...maybe I should stick around and do TurboJam instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment