Traxee

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gosh, this is up and down!

I have said this before, but just when I think it's getting easy, it gets difficult! Jackie and I had a great run in the lightning Monday evening; we both felt awesome the whole time. I couldn't wait to get out on those streets Tuesday and get four miles in. I had had a long day of training at school, so I was anxious to be outside and active. As soon as we started, I needed to pee. It wasn't crucial, but I tend to obsess and think of nothing else. Thank goodness for the Boy Scout meeting at St. Paul's church - the doors were open! I took care of that little problem, and went back to our path. Jackie was really tired, so she stopped to walk awhile and I continued running. We planned to meet once I had gone around a few blocks. By the time we met, I didn't feel good. I just felt this pressure (you don't really need to know more than that). So, we both walked about 1 1/2 miles. We did begin running again, but were both disappointed in our evening.



Not ones to just throw in the towel, we met again last night (Wednesday). It was a gorgeous evening: not too hot, slightly breezy, not humid, and clear. I wanted to get Jackie to that wonderful 5 mile mark, but she was unsure of herself. I nagged and prodded, and we kept going. We did it!! Jackie ran her first 5-mile run, and I was so proud of her. I felt great, even at the end. I am going to run 6 miles Saturday morning with my niece. Of course, it's easy to say that now; I don't know how I will feel Saturday morning. Knowing that I want to keep up with my young niece will help!



My main concern now that school has started is being able to justify being gone every evening. Last night I was gone for 1 hour 45 minutes. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the track, so that's 20 minutes drive time, and then we run for almost an hour, and walk a few laps. Add the stretching, and it makes a long evening. The more miles we run, the longer we are gone. As I begin to have more papers to grade, and the girls need my help, it's going to get difficult. I am not sure how to manage it yet, but will try to come up with a sensible plan. I might just have to run after school a couple of days each week. It is times like this that living in town would be more convenient. But as my husband says, fall is coming, and that's the best time at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment