Traxee

Monday, October 19, 2009

Moving into Depression...

Sooo...I have been on steroids for a week; I have truly rested my hip; and it is no better. It still hurts just to walk. Every once in awhile I think that maybe it's better, but then the pain comes back. I would just like a magic pill to make the pain disappear! It's is a gorgeous evening, perfect for a long run, and I can only hobble.

One might think that I am finding other forms of exercise, but he would be mistaken. I enjoy doing TurboJam, but much of it is leg work, and just the thought of it makes me wince. I could bike, but that means hauling my bike to town, and sometimes I just don't feel like it. So, instead I am eating, which is exactly what I don't need to be doing!

Yesterday Gary, Morgan, Addison, and I went to the Apple Fest in Owensboro. It is somewhat of a family tradition for us. The food is just wonderful! I had a steak sandwich (with lots of fat), an apple dumpling with ice cream (mmm...), some of Morgan's bloomin' onion, and a bunch of kettle popcorn (love it!). I told Gary that I felt like a toad by the end of the evening. Addison got a fried apple pie with ice cream, which makes me want to make fried apple pies. My grandma used to make them, and her sister told me an easy way so that I could try my hand at a family favorite. Did I mention that I made chocolate eclairs (yes, homemade) on Saturday, and the I ate 4 of those? Winter is tough on me because I love to bake in the winter. I am not a good cook by any stretch of the imagination, but I can bake!

So, I am not exercising, and I am increasing my food intake...it won't be long before the new smaller clothes I bought will be packed away if this hip doesn't improve!

1 comment: