Traxee

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Is it really only Wednesday?

The week would probably be progressing quicker if it weren't for my having a cold. I thought it was just allergies at first, but my nose won't stop running, and the coughing has begun. The worst part of that is that when I get a cough, it tends to hang on for several weeks. I refuse to let it get me down; I just don't have time! I am typing this as I wait to meet Jackie for our evening run.

After running 7.1 miles on Saturday, I was excited to get out there again on Sunday. I had no intention of running 7 again, but hoped to do 5. That was just my brain hoping; my legs were hoping to stay in bed! I knew as soon as I started that it was going to be a tough run. I still started on the 5-mile route (we now have 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7-mile routes!). Once I got partway down Main Street, I just had to walk for a few blocks. It's silly really. I was so disappointed, but why? No one else cares if I stop to walk; obviously I had to listen to my throbbing legs. I walked about 3 blocks, and then started to run again. I feel really odd when I do that. If I have run awhile and then walk, when I start running again all of my muscles are really shaky; it's the strangest feeling - hard to describe. Anyway, I cut my route short, but managed to run the rest of the way. Monday, Jackie and I ran 4 miles at 5 a.m. We are both finding that we like running in the wee hours before daybreak. It's peaceful; we can run in the middle of the street; and we free up our evenings. I don't know that I could do that everyday, but a couple times a week works well. Last night we ran 5 miles, and tonight our mileage is still up in the air. I would like to run 5, but will have to see how it goes.

I have heard that running becomes a passion, and I really believe that. My husband and I are heading to Vegas Labor Day weekend with my sis and her husband, and we are meeting our cousins, and I am looking forward to running early in the morning on the strip! I have a cute little pink container of pepper spray to carry with me because my hubbie is a worrier. Now once I get out there, and experience the intense heat (people say you just don't notice the heat because there is no humidity - how can 100 degrees not feel hot???), I might not be so excited to run. At the very least, I hope that our hotel has a workout room. I know that taking a break for a couple of days wouldn't kill me, but after working so hard to run 6 days a week, I can't imagine taking a 4-day break.

No comments:

Post a Comment