Traxee

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Another Saturday...

My niece Erin left for her senior year of college at the University of Evansville this week. I had come to depend on her to push me on Saturday runs - this morning I was on my own. This was evident when I didn't roll out of bed until 8:00. Not too long ago, I considered getting up at 8:00 on a weekend early; now it seems late. I have had a cold this week, so I thought that the extra sleep might help. I put my hair up, threw on some running clothes and tennies, and headed out. After making a couple quick stops, I arrived at the track to begin my run alone. I did take my Ipod, but wasn't sure if I would use it. Sometimes it just gets on my nerves, but today it seemed to help with the boredom. Sometimes I need something to focus on other than how hard the run is! When I run alone I tend to dwell on being hungry or sore or having to pee!

When I took off, I thought that I would just run 5 miles; my legs had that awful heavy feeling the first few miles. Once I got to 4 miles, I finally began to get into a rhythm. I decided to add an extra mile. I ended up running 6.2 miles, so I was satisfied (but would have been more satisfied with 7!).

My Ipod came in handy, although I really need to upload some more music. I listened first to an album of my favorite 'Jesus' music (contemporary Christian), and then switched to Rod Stewart. What a combination! I read about a website that I can get music from that is specific for running; it supposedly has beats that make you run a certain pace. I might try to get that this weekend. My husband, girls, and I all use the same Itunes account, and when we got Gary's Ipod set up we just sank everything that we had. He usually just uses the shuffle, so he ends up listening to everything from my 'Jesus' and Christmas music to Addison's Disney music. The other night he listened to a podcast that I had for one of my master's classes!

I am trying to decide if I want to participate in a 10K in Evansville in September. I haven't run 6.2 miles very many times, but I really want to try it. I know that I would run slowly, but just finishing that distance would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment