Traxee

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The weekend is coming!

This weekend we will be running in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. Gary and I have often talked about participating, so I am pleased that we finally took the initiative to signup. My favorite aunt died of breast cancer, so I am running in her memory. I am also excited because my niece Erin is going to run with me. I am extremely nervous because this is a huge event with thousands of participants. I am a bit afraid that my crowd anxiety will get the best of me. My friend Kelly told me that there are so many runners, and because the course is only 3 miles, it never really thins out as in other races. You will find me on the edge praying that my chest isn't tight and that I can breathe! Sometimes I have to work to not break down and cry! Weird, I know.

The following weekend our former church (and my mom's current church), Owensboro Christian, is sponsoring a 5K to raise money for their food bank. We will be running in that. The next weekend there is a 5K in Rockport, which we are also considering. I really want to find a good 10K to run, but it seems that most of the races are either mini-marathons or 5Ks. Jackie and I have been running 4-6 miles regularly now; we run 6 miles at least once a week. Last night we ran 6.2 (that .2 matters!).

Gary's running is going well. He regularly runs 4 miles, but has also run 5. He has had some lower back pain, so he is taking a break from Mozart. I have had no major aches recently (knock on wood), but I must say that after only running one day when we were in Vegas, it was hard to get back at it last week.

Saturday morning about 9 a.m., if you are up, think about us! Send me some energy so that I don't end up hyperventilating on the side of the road! If I could just run with my niece, away from the thousands of others, I would be fine.

Step away from your computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment